Thursday, June 13, 2013

Calwell: The First Night


I want to burn this bed.

I don’t know when I woke but I lay naked and fully aware of my state. She lies in the bed next to me, her body now too hot to touch. So I remove myself from sheets and instead allow the pale blue to cover me. The light seems to breath more life into my restless brain. This is not how I thought it would be. A spark once bright now without trace; shunned by the eyes of the happy couple that lines her walls. That couple that has only left her lips in peripheries, the same way it’s occupied my thoughts, now stares over me like death. Pale eyes so hot they’re cold.

I want to burn this bed. I want to burn this apartment. I want to expose these newborn memories to an unrelenting army of drugs so that they too may wither like the spark that preceded this union.


8 comments:

  1. Well, sheeit. That's deep. Also, sounds like you found yr answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well not exactly, that was the first night. More vignettes and contemplations to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with adrian, real ghey dude! fucking my post gets no comments after four days or w.e and this bullshit metaphoric vignette gets 4 comments not including mine after a couple of hours!?!?! jesse, just say that you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. [i enjoyed it but will never admit it]

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah this post did get a lot of comments pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. also i just realized i had this dream where i was in a city that had this highway that was essentially just a giant slide. and i think ive dreamed of this place multiple times.

    ReplyDelete