Sunday, June 16, 2013

Calwell: Epilogue

It’s been more than a week since my time near Calwell pond. I find it funny to read the posts that I wrote when I was there. (Although they've only gone up now they were almost entirely written on my phone walking around Calwell.) Sometimes I believe my pondering is on the right track, sometimes not. But I'm glad that it all reads truthful and from the moment, to me. I went into those five days looking for definite answers and even now I'm still not sure what I've got.

Since I've been back we've stayed in touch. We talked a lot about our time together and a bit about the future. Our mutual curiosity still leads us to discussing our daily lives. It’s nice to again have someone to converse with about the little things and let those conversations grow into more meaningful talks, especially when that person knows me so well. There is something to be said for having an intimate female in one's life, some undeniable perspective shift like that which led me to all this writing. And although she has stayed in my life, she is in no means holding me back or taking up an otherwise empty seat. Quite the opposite, there is something liberating about it. I can breath easier knowing a small fraction of my emotional wants are satisfied. It lets me see the things yet to be satiated, it takes a layer of fog off of things. And if it starts to turn the other way I know I'll have to separate myself again. Being comfortable with only her would be a mistake although it is tempting.

We've talked about seeing each other again. Of holidays or trips that might overlap. Hoping a little too much that they aren't too far in the future. That might be the nature of things from now on. Our live separated by geography and the formalities of other relationships. It'll be a comet, a joyous and mystical event. And although we may not be fully aware of its significance we will go great distances and gather to watch because it is rare. Because somehow that time when it is burning over us is precious. In that bright isolated state there is magic. One day it may fall to the ground or fly out of orbit forever but if we're lucky it may shoot over her life and my life (and this blog) a few times a year.

6 comments:

  1. awesome posts. ive enjoyed these probably as much as anything ive ever read on the internet. lovin the introspective stuff, relationships can be pretty mysterious sometimes. people themselves are really mysterious too, i suppose. lots to think about.

    also.....did y'all fuck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah ill probably give a more meaningful response tomorrow to these posts but, for now, i also need to know if you fucked. kinda sensitive info but I NEED to know.

      Delete
    2. yeah ill probably give a more meaningful response tomorrow to these posts but, for now, i also need to know if you fucked. kinda sensitive info but I NEED to know.

      Delete
  2. he's just gonna keep posting that comment until he knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have now re-read the posts, i think i might have actually missed this one because I thought it was previous one. I'm not much help when it comes to relationships because of rather obvious reasons but the overall feeling that I get is that you may be trying to come to too many conclusions too fast. It's like you want to find a definitive answer but 5 days is probably too short of a time to really figure it out and it seems like you don't have the time to be patient.

    Whatever what the fuck do I know. I really enjoyed these posts for the imagery and the subject matter. Keep writing!!!!

    And also i'm pretty sure you fucked so how many times?? (if you want to include positions that's cool too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, the imagery...

    ...doggy style??

    ReplyDelete