Sunday, June 16, 2013

Calwell: Deja Vu

As a teenager I dreamed of us older.

Back then we spent most of our time hiding and sneaking away from adults. All so we could buy just a few seconds alone to explore each other. In moments when we couldn’t get away I dreamt of the future. Of having our own apartment and spending every night in it. We’d cooked and eat and shower and sleep together. I imagined those tender and quiet moments of embrace, when time would stop for no other reason than we were together as we pleased. Eyes closed I could feel that embrace, then I’d breathe deep and fill my senses completely. That heat that filled my lungs would course through my fingers and back onto her skin.


That dream lay dormant for many years. Yet through all that time it stayed just as vivid and complete. I had deja vu on my third day in Calwell. I found myself floating in that very same dream. Though it was the hundredth time I’ve been there it was the first time I could open my eyes and stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment