Monday, June 10, 2013

Good Drinkin'

Since I haven't started working yet this summer I have had a lot of free time on my hands. With this free time, I have decided to get back in shape (also try to gain some weight), and fuck around one last summer in ct with friends. I have missed the california grass so the booze has had to step up even though i havent felt the "lets get really fucked up" spirit in a long time. Just to recap some of the events: I smoked half a cigarette (mistake but felt great), we fit eight grown men in a five door bmw, we danced to some radio bullshit at a bar only to be kicked out at 12:45, got high fives from everyone leaving the bar (even girls), and have hooked up with 0 girls but have seen a fair share of dicks. 

Anyways, my cousin from Argentina came up to the US with her boyfriend and they stayed with us this last weekend. It's been raining a lot back east but we still got one full day on Saturday to drive down to Newport and a vineyard along the way. We took the tour at the vineyard to see how the wine was made and along the way I came up with a short story idea about wine monster killers which I will try to post later on this week. Then we walked around Newport which was magnificent, especially the cliff walk that we did, and wish I could have been there with you guys passing around a joint. It was to look out to the sea and also watch the water crash against the rocks especially cause jesse had just posted his blog.

Finally we got back home at like 9 and went over to my sister's boyfriend's place for some delicious pizza. We played some tunes, chatted over some good food and then came time for drinks. Ohh as I have told some of you, my cousin's boyfriend is an amazing bartender who a couple months ago placed 3rd in an international bartending competition. He specializes in making his own drinks (so he is not a bartender that does tricks or anything) so he took the fruit, limes, juice and a variety of alcohol (rum, whiskey, vodka, a couple of other shit) to make us all drinks. He decided to improvise and make whatever came to his head and it was outfuckingstanding. He made like 7 different drinks and we all passed them around and shared them. there was a really good one with lime, mint, whiskey, and sugar that was poppin hard.  I dont know, I have never enjoyed drinking an alcoholic beverage as much as I did that night cause it wasn't about getting drunk or covering up the taste of alcohol so you dont throw up from it, it was about making all the different flavors mix to create a great, enjoyable drink that happened to use alcohol to enhance the experience.

Whatever that's just a little bit of what I've been up to lately and Im excited to start working at the rope's course later on this week!!

I'm not really sure where this blog is going but I felt I had to post cause I hadn't in a while. Also, I had to give a shout out to jesse and the awesome room for their amazing work lately! Keep it up guys! miss you bros, ill be out there soon!

3 comments:

  1. I actually really liked it. Especially like how you said booze had to step up since you weren't in cali and in walks in an internationally renowned bartender!

    ReplyDelete