Thursday, January 2, 2014

Please take me back (part 2)

I'm breaking this post into two parts because I just realized how much I'm writing.

Now looking forward. For years I've been telling everyone that I'm moving to NYC after graduation to be a New York theater actor. And thats what I wanted to do, so I had arranged to move to Brooklyn February 1st with a friend of mine, Sam Evans. Sam was in my acting class at Emerson. We began making plans to move in the beginning of November, and things were actually going smoothly.

Until about 4 weeks ago. Sam came over, sat me down, and confessed that her cousin who lives in Brooklyn has offered her the other room in her apartment. It's cheap, convenient, and she is going to take it. Rather than getting upset I said, That's okay, I understand, I agree, it sounds like you're doing the best thing for you, I wish the best of luck, have a great life, no hard feelings. She left and then I kind of had a mini anxiety attack. All of a sudden my entire life had no limits. I had no obligation to anyone or anything and I could choose to do anything. Absolutely anything. Move to Alaska to be a fishermen? Why not? Travel across the country woofing on farms? Fuck yeah. Make a band, go to mixology school and then make a living being a super fancy high class bartender? Nothing matters, I owe no one anything, I'm financially in the positives, got no girlfriend, I don't even have a dog.

And then this surreal, scary state I came up with a plan. I'm going to buy a really nice trekking bike. I'll ride around and train on for a couple months. Then, in March, I'll ship it to LA and jump on a plane and follow it. I'll get to LA and goof around for a week. See you guys, see Alex Neher, Ben Kabialis, get a lay of the land. Then get on my bike and spend the next 3 to 4 weeks biking 1200 miles to Portland, Oregon to see my oldest brother, Andrew.

And I'm going to do it! I'm buying a bike within the week, I've told my work that I'm leaving, I've started buying the gear. So fucking get ready, because I will see you guys/sleep on your floors in March!

5 comments:

  1. Two parts equally begging for forgiveness from the blog gods. LOVE IT! Makes me so happy just to read your name after the "Posted by" again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. it feels like im being scratched in a place that i'd forgotten was so itchy, and god damn it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it feels like your dick is back in my asshole. never better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @adrian#1 ^like! #joesback #dicksinass #gayisok! #lovingtheseblogs

    ReplyDelete