Thursday, January 2, 2014

I'm back. I swear dudes, I'm back (part 1)

Dudes,

I'm back. Starting off the New Year right. Back on the blog. I just got off a hour long gchat with Jesse and it felt so good to catch up and I really surprised myself with how shitty of job I've been doing keeping up with everyone. I've just been really removed from you guys. Part of that can't be helped because I'm leaving in a different city than everyone, but I just was never on the blog anymore.

But here we go. My past 4 months.

On September 4th, (I only remember the date because it was a day after my birthday), Kaitlyn and I broke up. I went over to her apartment and told her that I have to tell her something. I sat her down and after a while said, "I'm not in love with you anymore". I expected her to break down/be shocked/lose it, but instead she thought quietly for a minute and finally said "Me too". We had fallen out of love with each other and agreed that it was right to break up.

A few weeks later I became a bartender at Max Brenners. I've been having a killer time. I don't like working at Max Brenners anymore, but its fun being a bartender if that makes sense.

I've been going to the gym every day (with exceptions when I'm sick or holidays) and I'm in the best shape of my life. I've gained about 6 lbs of muscle and have never felt better.

I was cast in a show here in Boston with a local theater company called Whistler in the Dark. That experience was so bad that it prompted me to stop auditioning in Boston. That show closed Nov. 24th and I haven't auditioned since. Man, that show was so crappy that by the last week of shows I had to get drunk before the performance or otherwise I'd just lose my mind. We were reviewed really poorly in the Boston Globe which actually made me feel much better because it made me feel like I wasn't crazy and someone else agreed with me.

I've been writing a ton of music. Just a lot of content, and it's been very fulfilling. I'm working on a new full-length album, I'm 9 songs completed, and I know its my strongest work I've ever done. Songs about my brothers, my uncle, my dog, my nana, random sex encounters. The work is emotionally honest and simple and I'm very proud of it. Even if when I release the record and no one digs it and I realize that I'm totally wrong and these songs suck, I don't care. The just feel good to play.

As well as writing serious work, I've also written a short funny EP. I had to write those songs or else I'd be playing sad songs all day. The EP is called "These Songs Suck" and I just commissioned a local graphic artist to do the album art. The songs are okay, despite the title. There is a song about scolding a dog, a submarine, art school. It should be out by the end of the month.


3 comments: