Wednesday, June 15, 2011

what I've been up to

fucking NOTHING. So i haven't posted in a long time and that's because I don't have much to say. I have been hanging out with friends, playing some basketball, reading a producing book and watching tv. To make this post a little bit interesting, I guess I will talk about the last three movies that I watched. The last three were: Biutiful, Enter the Void, and Dr. Strangelove. Read if you would like, it's waaay too long. I would suggest reading other better reviews written by people who actually have a lot of knowledge of films. But it's w.e.

Biutiful was good but depresing throughout. There wasn't much arc in the characters and that bothered me. But don't get me wrong, I still liked it.

Enter the Void was good but only for so long. Like it was just fucking hard to watch, like too many colors, too much movement of the camera, and I was just like just fucking stop. I know the director had a reason for it but you have to come to a point where you just gotta say, alright i proved my point, and now I will stop. But no, this director also directed Irreversible (which I heard is one of the most fucked up movies ever, extremely gory) and this makes me want to kill him. Like this is the type of guy I would want to beat the shit out of. Fuck you for showing us this and I know he thinks he is better than us for doing it. What is the point of showing us what rape is really like? Like I don't want to see that, that is straight up nuts. To me, there is no art in that. What do people get out of seeing a movie like that? Anyways, I think half of Enter the Void was transitions from one place to another.

I really like Dr. Strangelove though. It was quite clever and I enjoyed it quite a lot. As for 2001: A Space Odyssey, I didnt like so much. I just dont know what happened, and I hate when directors just don't give an answer when they are asked to explain it because they say that we need to come to our own conclusions. Like I think the only reason why this movie is considered one of the all-time greats is because Stanley Kubrick has his name on it. No movie with endings like that has ever gotten notoriety unless a well-known person has been behind it and therefore we give it more credit than it deserves.

I should make my own top 100 list because whoever put 2001 as number 22 is definitely an idiot. They probably never studied films.

This is seriously all i could post because I have nothing else that is interesting going on in my life. I'm really sorry about this.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you weren't watching Enter the Void the right way. When I watched it, it made my high brain feel good, before lulling me into a fluffy and colorful sleep. I believe it was not meant to be watched, it was meant to be started while high and then slept through, and in that i believe it accomplished what it set out for quite well.

    I love 2001 but yeah the ending got too abstract.

    And strangelove is obviously awesome, love when comedy is used to make a point. hence why the daily show and south park are awesome.

    and do you have a job yet? cuz i dont and it's fucking pissing me off. i interviewed at target the other day and they told me i had to wait 5-10 business days to hear back. fuck you target.

    and last thing, have you seen Super 8 yet? wondering what people thought about it. i really enjoyed it, although there were one or two moments when it got a bit too JJ Abrams Lost-y with the cliche dialogue and dramatic orchestra music kicking in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, man i dont have a job yet. My neighbor gave me this job at the library for four days because they are having a book sale. So that is 4 days out of close to 50, fuck that. I'm still trying to get a job at taco bell or this bowling place. Im getting so fucking pissed though, its bullshit. I havent seen super 8 yet. I think I might watch clockwork orange tonight though (on my computer).

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me know what you think of clockwork orange, i didnt really like it a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must agree with adrian about enter the void. I think that movie was meant to be slept through. but it gave my high brain angry tingles. I don't think i liked it as much.

    havent seend 2001

    havent seen strangelove

    fuck target

    Im sorry you dudes dont have jobs yet. that sucks ass.

    ReplyDelete