Monday, May 27, 2013

I Also Took A Trip Part D: Art


I thought I'd put in a little blurb about how tripping impacted the experience of art.  When I went to draw, like everything else that night I was just experimenting.  And for the first time in a long time I was just drawing and fully enjoying the process, with almost no concern for the final product.  The final product would be a genuine result of the time I spent putting my pastel on the page and exploring what I could do or what I wanted to do with it.  It wasn't something I was trying to force to happen and to be a certain way; it would end up the way it would and that would be the art.  As for music, a lot of what we listened to was instumental, and it felt right.  Normally I'd be bored with just instrumental stuff, but instead I accepted it as part of the overall environment and when we went to listen to one of Brandon's tapes, we briefly contemplated whether we needed to even turn off the background instrumental music that was filling the room in order to enjoy listening to some songs on this little tape player.  Later, we were listening to some radiator collective songs by a really chill dude who I've met a couple times.  When his songs were on, it felt like he was right there in the room with us.  One song really expressed some deeper thoughts that he'd been having, so it fit in with the night's theme of talking out thoughts, and when that one played it kinda felt like he was exposing his mind and touching ours at the same time.  His other song just kinda expressed his style really well and painted some cool images.  Both generated some incredible 3d images in my mind's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment