Monday, January 14, 2013

The World at Large #1

I miss you all more than you could ever imagine.

LA was a paradise and now I'm back at Emerson.

But I would like to tell you all something. If you didn't notice, I was distant, even melancholy when towards the end of my stay.

It all started with the phone call I received at the Adrian's room. You both remembered that. Adrian asked if everything was okay and it was not. I had received a call from my mother that my grandfather, my only living grandfather, a man I looked up to, respected, and loved had just had a stroke. I didn't know how to react. I could have flipped. Instead I heard the distress in my mother's voice and started trying to comfort her.

I needed to keep it together and I tried my hardest. I thought I was going to cry in the car ride to dinner with my dad's friend, but I kept it together. I owe this to all of you guys. I had been so happy, seen the world I was about to start living in, felt the love of all of you. I think that if I had been home, alone, I would have broken down, cried my eyes out. But I thank you all for such a great time.

After dinner, I'm surprised with how high I was that I didn't get depressed. It was you guys again. I don't know. Y'all are the best.

But, I'm done depressing y'all. On my flight home, I met these kids and we were hanging out. At the end of the flight we started playing "Would you rather" loud enough for everyone to hear. Anyways, at the end of the flight I turned on my phone and saw a text message from my dad that said my grandfather hadn't had a stroke and it had been a medication mix up. So he is okay.

I guess in summation, my first post of this year is trying to say that without all of you, I am nothing. I love you all.

NO HATE 2013///:::\\\LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

3 comments:

  1. Fuck I was gonna write a genuine follow up but our Mac n cheese finished cooking. Fuck me. Anyways thanks do goddamn much for coming on the trip and making it an awesome goddamn time, I'll remember that shot until I get alzheimers. Have a good fucking semester and hopefully we'll all end up in la or in a film commie somewhere

    ReplyDelete