Monday, January 28, 2013

My Weekend With Jesse; Part Three: Friendly Toast and Max Brenner

Sunday morning we slept in and met Kaitlyn and Chiara at the Friendly Toast around 12:30. It was neutral territory, and everyone was down to met and get good food and talk. Kaitlyn was friendly towards me, and even went so far as to express to Jesse while I was in the restroom, "I'm glad to get to spent time with you while Joseph and I aren't fighting". So apparently we weren't fighting anymore. I'm still bamboozled at this point because I don't even know what I did. Overall, the brunch was pleasant, the food was great, and Chiara and Jesse didn't especially hit it off.

The mildness of the brunch made the previous night's brawling seem silly to me.

We parted ways, and that afternoon the girls had work to do, I had a three hour Mercutio meeting to go to, and Jesse went to go see a movie.

After the Mercutio meeting, and while Jesse was in the last 45 minutes or so of the movie, I met Kaitlyn in her room in the Little Building, and we had a huge fight. After an hour and a half, we emerged victorious, complete resolved, and both feeling great. And then I was overcome with the massive guilt of having not been present with Jesse with entire weekend, because my thoughts were always half with Kaitlyn. (Except for Salsa, that was dope). Poor Jesse, who had been sitting at Maria's Taquerias waiting for us to be done, met us in front of the LB.

Very excitedly, Kaitlyn and I explained to Jesse that we've fucked up, you deserve better Jesse, you just fucking didn't deserve to put up with our shit, (you deserve to go on a date with Chiara and it was go fucking welllllll), and we love you, Jesse, and we're sorry. We said that even though we both have class early in the morning, we were willing to commit super hard to this sunday night and go on whatever crazy adventure Jesse wanted to go on. Because that's all poor Jesse wanted. To have a dope ass adventure. Jesse accepted our apology, and we started brainstorming.

The adventure we had wasn't crazy, but it was very fun. We walked in the cold to Max Brenner's at around 11:45pm, and one of my friends working there got us free chocolate fondue. We hung out there, left around 12:30, ran and caught a bus back to central, and stayed up drinking beers and talking. This morning at around 7:45 am, Jesse gently laid on top of us, said his goodbyes, and went to south station to catch his bus.

--

This three part post has been a love letter. A love letter to Jesse for coming to Boston to hang out and for forgiving me for not always being able to be present with him. A love letter to Adrian and Argentina for still being friends with me even when I didn't put as much effort as I should have in hanging out with you guys for our last semester together in Boston. And this is a love letter to Scott and Josh because we've allowed our friendships to kind of float away a little bit, and that's bullshit.

I hope this post hasn't ended in a lame way, because I coming from a place of just fucking missing everyone. I hope everyone is doing fucking awesome, and I've had an hilarious time catching up on all the blogging I've missed.

1 comment:

  1. mm blog love. sexy. we hope youre doing awesome too brah

    ReplyDelete