Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Oscars

I refuse to watch the Oscars.

In fact, I am in my room currently, doing homework, playing video games, cuddling with Abby, and giving less than a fuck.

You see, I love movies. Some might say that is a prerequisite to going into our industry. But award shows? Fuck that.

My personal philosophy is: I like what I like because I like it.

It's quite simple: I don't need an academy of people to tell me what is great and what is not. Some movies are better than others, but how can we limit anything to 9 best movies? I have over 20 favorite movies from this year, and my top two didn't make the best picture cut.

Cloud Atlas, my favorite movie of the year, the most underrated movie of the year, hit all the spots just right. It's a movie about the human experience, a very Buddhist way of looking at the world and it just hits so great.

The Master, a movie about a WWII vet trying to find his way in a society that rejects him and the people he comes into contact with. Snubbed. Completely.

You see, fuck the Oscars. Fuck Awards. Unless, of course, you are up for one, no one should care about the Oscars. It is just Hollywood jerking off to themselves and I can't stand for it.

Tomorrow morning, my opinions will not change. Yes, I need to see many of the nominees for best picture, but I will still like what I like because I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment