Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hospital Visits

Something that makes me feel smart on sets is the ability to innovate and work around my surroundings. Because we had a grip kit, I knew we had scissor clips. Because we had scissor clips, we could rig to the ceiling tiles.

Evan was rigging and all of a sudden the piece of ceiling tile he was playing with crumbled in his hands, snowing from the atmosphere above.

I was holding him because we had to rig from on top of tables. Terrible idea.

I was looking up as this occurred and I felt the particle enter my eye socket.

I immediately ran to the bathroom to wash out my eyes. I couldn't stop blinking. After a half hour, I ran to CVS to buy Visine (terrible idea).

I texted my Mom and she said to flush it out with saline solution, so I flushed it out with Visine (terrible solution).

I kept getting angrier and angrier, my eye getting puffier and puffier. I started punching walls, trying to make myself cry, grinding my teeth.

Eventually I came up with the idea to go to the darkroom and wash my eyes out in the eyewash station (best idea), but to no avail, did not stop my eye from being uncomfortable.

I went back to set and kept using Visine. Eventually, it stung so bad I threw a paper towel at the mirror, punched the wall, and screamed.

I grabbed my coat and told the director I was going to MGH to get my eye checked out.

I walked to MGH and walked into the emergency room rubbing my eye. The woman at the desk asked me (in a demeaning tone), if my eye was hurting (no shit) and if I wanted to see an eye doctor. So I replied, "Yes, obviously." and she pointed me in the way of the eye clinic.

I get situated and I instantly Snapchat everyone I know. I then download Pokemon Blue to my phone in order to entertain myself, but my eye is so annoying I can barely pay attention. They call my name and an initial doctor takes my blood pressure, asks what happened, and checks my vision.

I then sit for another hour and a half while Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian blares on in the background. Eventually they call my name and I am omitted.

The doctor looks at the initial report and then asks: "Did they put numbing solution in your eye?"

I realize, no. They did not. They made me suffer for an hour and a half, unable to keep my eyes open. (FUCK YOU, HOSPITAL).

She puts the solution in, checks my eyes, and says I have 25 shallow corneal scratches, but they should heal.

She also asks me if I smoke, to which I replied, "Not cigarettes." She then looked at me and said, "Do not smoke this weekend or else your eye won't be able to heal fast enough. I should be saying do not smoke at all, but whatever."

In the end, I scratched my eye and it sucked but now I'm all better, but fuck MGH those fucking cocksuckers made me sit in misery for like an hour and half.

No comments:

Post a Comment