Sunday, September 20, 2015

Damn, I just had to put out my Jibber-Jabber to write this. But it's gotta happen. A blog renaissance is brewing.

I am currently awake, which, if you subtract my hour nap at 1 PM, means I have been awake for 24 hours +/+. I am currently listening to Frontier Psychiatrist (it's ending as I write this) by the Avalanches and it's always been a favorite. Now it's Asyd by The Televibes (very good, check them out, I'll send you what I got).

Anyways, I haven't updated myself in a while and now's the time to reflect. My brain is deteriorating at an alarming rate. So I'll keep it simple (I hope).

I just worked on a set for free. It was hands down one of the worst sets I've ever been on. The only saving graces being Dan Finlayson & Co., along with new G+E friends, with whom I snuck off and smoked with the entire night through. That part was fun and I can definitely say I did my job better because of smoking. I was much chiller. I let it all just roll. I got angry towards the end, but who wouldn't be after 16 hours on set overnight.

I also hate my job at the camera house. It's just no good. I work to the bone, I slave over these orders. I can't take it for much longer, but deep down I feel like I have another 6 months. (Side note: Player's Ball by Outkast just came on you have no idea how good this is right now. I gotta send y'all this playlist it's been just fucking great. It's called  "It's 330 AM Why is time?" and consists of 42 songs I picked over the night from 330 onward and, damn, it's killing it). But yeah, I can't quit. I need money too much. I have 1500$ floating around from Vice when I was shooting with Lance Bangs (of Jackass). That work has been great. I'm seeing comedians and shooting cool stuff. Hope that shit picks the fuck up soon.

Anyways, I'm not feeling fulfilled. The only fulfilling things in my life are my Ghost Roommate webseries and MMA. Ghost Roommate is moving. Finished a second episode. I like it. I'm working on the third but I haven't had anytime to write this week because of work work work. It sucks. It really does.

My birthday is coming up soon and I count that as an obvious "New Year" day. I didn't do much with 23. I did stand up, fine. I got some cool freelance, okay. I've learned a lot, fair. But, I haven't felt fulfilled. Not that I ever plan on being satiated. But I need something to be completely mine. I need more photos and I need to keep writing. So I'm gonna try my best. It's about being my best.

I'm not gonna make this another list of what I need to do with my life. I already know what I need to do, now I'm just gonna do it.

I miss you guys a lot. I need to do way better of seeing you guys in the future. Adrian, I hope you're keeping strong man. I know it's hard and this is just the worst. All of my vibes are being sent to you and your own.

Love you all.

Good night.

(The playlist just started The Operator by Brain Mountain. I can't even).

7 comments:

  1. As someone who hasn't worked in like a month, who felt like life sucked when I was working so much, I will say that it does feel good to have gotten to a self-sufficient money place just through arts/technical knowledge that supports the making of art. But yeah when you're in the nitty gritty you can't stop long enough to feel that. Also I don't think I hate my jobs as much as you so idk. So blah blab balance is important bleb bloop. I had another thought but posting this before blogger fucks it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like you're still slurping some enjoyment out of the straw of life what with the weed and playlist so I guess you just gotta vision board whatever else you wanna suck up that straw

      Delete
    2. Cuz I'll tell you one thing, you're getting nowhere without a vision board

      Delete
  2. Oh look up Edie Sunday for photography inspiration. If you phototypes don't know her already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love writing this many comments cuz everyone's gonna come here expecting a discussion.


    ReplyDelete
  4. I came here looking for a discussion and got a lot of Adrian. I'm not even mad.

    ReplyDelete