Saturday, January 1, 2011

Super Blackout

I feel around. Carpet, my jacket draped over my legs, sweatshirt pillow, no shoes, it's cold, I'm still drunk. My eyes open, kind of. I can see the couch I'm lying behind. I hear people. Sitting up sucks. The party is slowly waking up, people line the couches and chairs of the basement. I steal a spot on the couch.

I listen people recap the night. There is talk of Cheerios, I don't remember Cheerios. There is talk of being upstairs, I don't remember being upstairs. There is talk of vomit, I don't remember vomit.

I think, nothing. I think really hard, nothing. Shit I blacked out.

I get up. Everything hurts. I go up stairs. Caroline walks me through what she remembers. She says I was curled up under the dining room table. Lo and behold, under the dinning room table there are Cheerios scattered in the outline of a curled up person. From there, I was told, I stumbled to the bathroom. Next to the toilet there is a small pile of Cheerios. I lift up the toilet seat. The toilet is covered in puke! (I would later learn that this particular puke was not mine) I close the lid and quickly leave.

The sun is fucking bright.

Last night was the longest I have ever blacked out. There is a significant portion of my night that I don't remember. It also led to the worst hangover. I fought a hour long battle with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The sandwich won. Only now, 7pm, can I say that I am no longer hungover.

Hope you guys had a great New Years.

Love,
Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment