Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"simply a product of the mind, senator."

This morning my mind was wandering in the shower. I came to thinking of how I never called Domino's to tell them I wasn't working this summer, and I felt kind of bad about it, because I liked the people I worked with. This got me to thinking about how I'm probably not going to work at JVS (the work-study place downtown where adrian and i always tutored) in the fall. The secretary over there is an awesome old black lady named Vanessa, and she was always excited to see me when I was there. It was kind of like having a cool black grandma. But anyways, I was thinking that since I'm not working there, I'm probably never going to see her again, and I should send her an email of some kind. I'm not sure exactly what it would say, I'm not very good with goodbye skills (hence the Domino's situation). Probably something to the effect of "I'm never going to see you again but it was really cool knowing you so have a nice life." I'd have to word it a lot better though.

I got out of the shower, dried my balls, and remembered that we were out of milk. Throwing on some flip flops, I walked outside and headed to CVS. In my pre-8am sleepiness I was walking with my head down and my eyes half open when I heard "Hey Adrian!" in a familiar voice. I looked up and saw Vanessa walking in the other direction. "Good morning!" she says. I smiled and had time to say, "Hey! Good morning!" before we walked past each other. As my mind tried to figure out what the fuck had just happened, I stepped into CVS and bought some milk and orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment