Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Times

Last Friday I received an email from the folks over at the IT Help Desk alerting me that my password was going to expire in 3 days.  As is my fashion, I decided to prepare in advance to prevent any Complicating Troubles and change my password now rather than wait for the 1-day warning.  You see, Complicating Troubles are just not for me.  To make an easy transition, I decided to change my password from Lennon1967 to Barrett1967. The deed was done, and all was well. I did some reading, took my lunch break, enjoyed Subway's $5 foot long of the month (buffalo chicken), and came back to work ready to do some mindless browsing de l'internet; however, this proved to be impossible. I soon traced the problem to my ECwireless password not working. I cross-checked my hypothesis by trying to log into ecommon on the work computer, and thus proved my theory to be correct.  Assuming I made a typo, I proceeded to try anything and everything that resembled Barrett1967. Barret1967, Barett1967, Bartt1967, Brett1967, Barrett9167, Barret9167, Barett9167, Baret1967, etc. Nothing was working. I gave up, and went to the emerson password page and requested a password reset to be sent to my email. Shortly after, it occurred to me that the problem may have been caused by the fact that I was logged into another computer at media services with my old password. But if this was the case, the world will never know, as I had already reset my password.  Unfortunately, the password reset email never arrived; I must not have had my gmail linked to that account. Even though all my ECmail forwards to my gmail? Oh well. The rest of the day was spent sans internet.


I went home for the weekend, since Adrian went to Connecticut, OldJoe was in New York, NewJoe was evicted, and I dont have any other friends. As you may or may not know, the prices of the T have been raised to new Bullshit levels.  I looked up how much it cost to take the train home; the price had been raised from $6.25 to $8.  I got on the train at Ruggles, and had to buy a ticket on board (the commuter rail ticket machine blended in perfectly with the regular CharlieCard machines, rendering it all but invisible).  I told the guy where I was going, and he asks the other conductor how much it is to go to Norfolk.  Before he gets a response, seeing the $20 bill I'm handing him, he looks me in the eye and tells me it costs "Eleven Fucking Bucks."  Eleven Fucking Bucks!?!! Anyways there wasn't much I could do so I was forced to eat his bullshit and pay.

That night I went to Providence and enjoyed a nice night of pizza and waterfire with the GF.  During dinner I discovered that the screen on my phone stopped working. I stopped by the Verizon store in the mall for assistance. After turning my phone off and back on again, the Service Expert informed me that the case was hopeless and that I needed a new phone.

While I was home I decided to grab a bike from my garage and use it instead of taking the Bullshit T (better known as the BST).  This morning I prepared for the maiden voyage (not really; the bike hadnt been used in a while, it's one of those "Autobikes" that they had infomercials for a long long time ago. also, the only time i can remember riding a bike since i was a little kid was when i rode melina's bike around in boston a couple years ago. but i digress...).  As I was saying, I was making sure I had everything; the lock for the bike, the keys for the lock, making sure my helmet fit, figuring out which route to take, trying to avoid any and all Complicating Troubles, as such things are not my style.  I went on my way and successfully navigated halfway to school when I realized: I didn't have my Fucking Wallet.  Chicken-Shit-Bullshit!!! I needed my Emerson ID to tap into the building I work at as well as the other places that I might have to deliver shit to.  I took the next chance to turn around, and was quickly on my way back to the apartment.  I couldn't call work to tell them I would be late because my phone was broken, so I had to hurry.  I was checking my empty pocket again when I realized: I didn't have my God Damn Keys. Piss!!!  I needed my keys to get my ID to get into work. I couldn't call Adrian to get his keys, so I just gave up and biked to work. Fortunately my manager had once introduced me to the security guard, so she knew who I was and let me sign in.

I came to work and was greeted by two managers trying to figure out some mysterious order that was missing information and was booked by me.  They were also wondering why I was late.  I also couldn't sign into the inventory ipad because my emerson password is all fucked up.  But anyways, fuck everyone, fuck you, and fuck me.  I've commandeered one of the laptops from work and I dont give a fuck.  So like it or fuck off.

No comments:

Post a Comment