Tuesday, October 22, 2013

This is one of those nights

This is the kind of night that slips away. If you think about the memories you have in life, it's kind of like they're little islands in the vast ocean of your life. Most--or in Jesse's case, pretty much all--of your life is just blank black ocean, covering all the forgotten days and moments. As I walk into my room with the In-n-Out I bought because I was too lazy to go grocery shopping, ready to sit on the computer and stare at the internet, I come to terms with the fact that in 5 or 6 days, this moment will be completely gone forever. And that's fine. Obviously, this thought immediately made itself untrue, but the point is that life has all these cool little pockets of time that are so fleeting...I wish there was a stronger/less-used word for it.  But they just happen and fleet away like little fleeters.  And that's cool.

~~

As usual, there's someone on the internet who's more coherent than me in my points:

6 comments:

  1. alright so that talk was awesome and knew it was going to be because i love shit about memory. so i prepared to watch it when i woke up to start out my day. im very happy with this decision.

    i think that what you said adrian about how there is something cool about moments that just happen and then fleet away. Daniel Kahneman is awesome and i had never heard of separating happiness into two separate entities but these two entities make perfect sense, almost too much sense.

    Which made me think back to what movies I like and why I like them, especially the ones about relationships like Blue Valentine, and why they seem so genuine and I literally just came up with the thought that to me, these movies take those moments that have fleeted away and brings them back. it's not all about those special moments that you make a story about but those other moments in between.

    For example, I love the scene in Blue Valentine where Ryan Gosling is sitting down with his daughter eating breakfast, where he teaches her how an animal would eat the oatmeal. That moment seems like one that nobody may remember but it's one that's so beautiful. This brings me back to Superman, I hated that movie and legit would have probably walked out if i had a ride, and it was because every moment that they showed was one of those that you would have a memory about and that's not how life is. Not everyone you meet and have a conversation with has something life changing to say to you. Life is also about the moments showcased in Blue Valentine and that's why I love it.

    Anyways, those are kinda my takeaways. Am i being dumb? please discuss

    ReplyDelete