Friday, July 26, 2013

Runaway Dog pt. 01

My boss's neighbor has a pug that comes to visit sometimes.  His name is Oscar.  Oscar's owner is often out of town, and she has to leave Oscar locked up in a room for days at a time.  This leaves Oscar with a bundle of pent up energy, and an unquenchable thirst for pats, scratches, and bellyrubs.

Today Oscar came over.  Oscar followed my boss around all morning wherever she went, stopping only to rub up against my leg while I scratched his back.  After a couple hours, Oscar finally began to tire out and quiet down.  Eventually he was so tired and quiet that it was almost like he wasn't even in the room.

That's when we realized Oscar was gone.  The gate on the deck was open and he wasn't anywhere in the house.  "This could be the end of this dog," my boss muttered on her way out to search the neighborhood. "Just what I need today."

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh man I cant wait to hear how this turns out. Im like a kid just about to open up his gifts for christmas.

    ReplyDelete