Saturday, June 21, 2014

“Thought can’t go where the roads of language have not been built.”

This is a lecture by Terrence McKenna, and Jesse and I agreed it's def one of the best.

Other thoughts...

Last night I was at a party with a random assortment of people, and we were talking about all the crazy steps that had to happen to lead to us being friends and talking to each other.  Jesse and I had to explain how we knew each other, and I mentioned how out of 6 of us randomly thrown into the same suite freshman year, 4 of us are now going to be living in a house together in LA.  I've always considered this to be the luckiest and most improbable thing to ever happen, and I probably still do.  But this other girl brought up a really good point, saying how when you're thrown together with people, there's a really good chance of you bonding, but you're only thrown together with a select group of people in your life.

Like if this girl had lived with us, we'd probably be best friends with her at this point, too.
This is just a cool way to think about people that I've been opening up to more recently.  On the surface it sounds like it's kind of reducing the specialty of finding those rare people that you really connect with, but what I take from it is that every person out there is a potential best-friend.  There's this documentary called "Kumare" where this random dude pretends to be an Indian spiritual guru, and instead of being just some prank it ends up shedding all this light on how human relationships can change for the better if they're just open to each other, as if they were actually gurus.  (Haven't seen the movie but the guy was on Pete Holmes).

Anyways, this is just where my thoughts have been recently so thought I'd share. I stopped smoking weed in part because of what happened last time, but now it's become more because I, personally, can connect with the average person better when I'm not smoking, and so that's been a cool trip.  Still working on it though, because it's hard to find the right/interesting things to say.  It's like people are locked doors, and you have to somehow find the right conversational key to open them up and get to the good stuff.
Yeah that sounds sexual, but it's not.
Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment