Friday, April 15, 2011

Gone

They’re all gone. Everything that made the Awesome Room awesome has vanished, at least for the time being. Now it’s just a room and I’m in it. What should I do? I’m in a room, alone. What should I do?:

Should I go outside? It’s gotten cold, that doesn’t sound too good.

Should I watch a DVD? Scott took all of his and mine I know too well.

Should I read? Ha!

Should I masturbate? That’s always an option but right now I don’t feel up to it. What should I do?

Should I write? Well, I’m already doing that and yet I feel like I’m doing nothing.

Should I smoke? Why? With no one around that practice is empty.

Should I skate?

Should I rub my balls on everything in the suite so that when they return I’ll have the secret knowledge that they are touching something that my balls touched?

Should I get drunk and watch Midnight Cowboy?

Should I line the walls with toilet paper and draw on them? A forest maybe? Or would it be better to draw perspective lines so the hallway goes on forever?

Should I sleep in each bed and decide which is the best and then switch that mattress with my own?

Should I go through everyone’s things to discover horrible secrets that will make me rethink my association with them?

Should I let them know I miss them?

Should I kill thy self?

Should I play music?

Should I swap scott’s things with argentina’s things and then swap them back again?

Should I build a fort? I could build a fort and stay inside it till everyone gets back. But soon the walls of that fort would start looking a lot like the wall of this room and empty.

Should I do a headstand till I pass out?

Should I eat coins?

Should I stop?

Should I break something, that way I’ll have to put it back together before they get back? What should I break?

But… wait

Oh, hark! How is this I find myself?

Up? Elevated? Outward? Dare I say... high?

Yes, it appears true indeed! How well I’ve found it and uncovered myself! Myself to be the thing I have uncovered, like a carpet you have to pick up to look under only to find out that you are under it. And look at this joyous setting for such a moment. How much room for me to lay and roll around! Oh the lack of people, without those there is no one to point out how wrong or confused I am! How joyous…

Oh, Midnight Cowboy is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment